Organisations on Pro Plans or Basic Plans can customise Cause payment process settings in OrgHQ to manage the look and feel of donation forms on GiveNow Cause pages and on embedded forms. When you list a new Cause, it will be set up with the default settings. Once it's live, you can edit the Cause settings so your payment process will update to suit your fundraising needs.
By default, the payment process will appear as below, but you can alter some of the processes, content and data fields to suit your fundraising needs, data expectations and donor preferences for each Cause.
Customisable settings on the Pro Plan and Basic Plan:
- Images and labels on donation amounts.
- Questions asked of a donor.
- Number of data fields collected.
- Payment process steps reduced or hidden.
- Email text of the donation receipt.
Customisable settings on the Pro Plan only:
- Donation amounts and the default donation amount.
- Donation frequency options and the default frequency period.
- Thank You page message.
Customise Cause payment settings
Login to OrgHQ.
Go to Manage Causes, located under Cause & Donations in the OrgHQ menu.
Select Edit for the Cause you want to edit (and if appropriate, the Cause that has the Embed form already approved).
Select the Donation form tab to see all your customisable donation settings.
- In the Amount section, edit Donation frequency options, Default donation frequency, or Default donation amount.
- In the Amount section, select Show descriptions and / or images with donation amounts and follow the steps in the Help Centre article "How can I add images and descriptions to our default donation amounts?
- In the Contact section, reduce the number of data fields requested of donors by deselecting Title, Phone and / or Address.
- In the Questions section, reduce the payment steps by deselecting the options Notification, Card, Note, Additional Questions.
- In the Questions section, customise the questions asked of a donor by selecting Additional Questions and adding your own donor questions - more detail in the Help Centre article "Can we ask additional questions of our donors?"
- In the General section, deselect Steps to hide the number of steps in a donation.
- In the General section, edit the text in the Thank you message box to customise the message displayed after a donation.
- To edit the email sent with the donation receipt, go to the Settings tab and follow the steps in the Help Centre article "How do we edit the email text that is sent with receipts to donors?