So you are in the last few days of your CrowdRaiser?
Here are some ideas on how to inspire your friends and family to donate, so you can achieve - or exceed! - your fundraising target.
Strategy #1 Email: The key strategy now is email, email, email!!! Tell everyone who hasn't already donated that now is the time.
And what should the email include?
1. A notable story your family and friends can connect with about what their donation will achieve.
- The more personal or unique to you and your family the better
- That conveys hope, not gloom
- That humanises what you do – less numbers, more names!
Donors will give because they care about what you care about. So inspire them with your stories.
2. A kind donor who has given to your CrowdRaiser, who might have an interesting back story. Include an anecdote and say a big thank-you.
"They gave when they were on a beach holiday....amazing", or
"She told me it was (another!) new top or my CrowdRaiser - I was so grateful she chose to donate....thank you", or
"Thanks to my niece who has donated all her newspaper round wages of last week - you are the spirit of generosity!" or
"He had no idea why I was involved until now, but so grateful for the recent chat and of course the marvellous donation, thank you!"
3. Your goal. A statement of how close you are to achieving your target. And suggest amounts that you think are appropriate for your supporters - lots of $10 donations still adds up to a lot!
Strategy #2 Social Media: Post what is happening on your social media profiles:
1. Call out how close you are to achieving your fundraising target. And the closing date!
2. Publicly thank friends who have already donated.
3. Include images and videos, either of activity for the organisation you are supporting, or a photo of yourself in action. Personalising the campaign is exceptionally valuable at this time!