We’ve worked really hard to keep fees down. First off, there are no set-up fees or ongoing subscription fees.
From December 1, 2019 GiveNow introduced three plans to organisations which means there are now two fee types associated with a transaction on GiveNow:
- Credit Card Merchant fees: these reflect the payment type used by a donor: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX or direct debit.
- Platform fees: these reflect the plan that an organisation is registered with on GiveNow. The different plans have different features available to an organisation.
The GiveNow plans are as follows:
- Starter, a basic offering with no platform fees for not-for-profit organisations with uncomplicated needs;
- Basic, a mid-tier offering for those who need a few more bells and whistles (customised default donation amounts; ability to prompt donors to cover fees); and
- Pro, for organisations that want all the bells and whistles (ability to embed forms on their own website; integrations; permissions).
Please note: Platform-Fee Cover enables people to cover the platform fee at the time of payment. Our research shows that when offered, the majority of people choose to cover the fee.
Setup or Ongoing Fee
Platform Fee (Per transaction)
Platform-Fee Cover Available
Credit Card Merchant Fee
The credit card merchant fees change each month to reflect exactly the wholesale fee we receive from our banking partner.
Donation made to DGR Organisation:
- Visa/Mastercard = 0.30% - 0.35%
All other transactions:
- Visa/Mastercard = 0.70% - 0.99%
For more information relating to the features of each plan, please see here.
You can test out fees for different GiveNow pricing plans using any accepted donation amounts on the organisation sign-up page:
Here’s the breakdown of GiveNow's fees for donations made PRIOR to 1 December, 2019:
|Donation Type||Organisation DGR Status*||- Credit Card Merchant Fees -||Direct Debit Fees||Platform Fee|
|0.30 - 0.35%**||1.43%||0||0|
|0.70 - 0.90%**||1.43%||0||0|
|Included in Platform Fee||N/A||3.8%|
|Included in Platform Fee||NA||1.5%|
Please note: All fees are inclusive of GST. The total GST incurred will be provided in the monthly remittance statement.
The fees we are charged by the card schemes are the only fees you incur in the "Credit card fee" above. GiveNow covers all other banking and service fees relating to transaction fees.
* Unfortunately the credit card schemes charge different fees for DGR and non-DGR organisations. We are doing what we can to try and ensure equal fees are charged to all not-for-profits for standard donations, regardless of their DGR status.
** These fees vary based on the card type, issuing bank and whether an Australian or international card is used. We’ll provide you with a detailed breakdown of fees with each remittance, but you can expect credit card fees to be approximately 0.35% per transaction for Visa/Mastercard if you have DGR and 1.43% for Amex. That's it. We’ve done everything we can to get them as low as possible.