We’ve worked really hard to keep fees down. First off, there are no set-up fees or ongoing subscription fees.
Since December 2019 GiveNow has had two fee types associated with a transaction on GiveNow:
- Credit Card Merchant fees: these reflect the payment type used by a donor: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX (Only available after 5 days from cause approval) or direct debit.
- Platform fees: these reflect the plan that an organisation is registered with on GiveNow. The different plans have different features available to an organisation.
The GiveNow plans are as follows:
- Starter, a basic offering with no platform fees for not-for-profit organisations with uncomplicated needs;
- Basic, a mid-tier offering for those who need a few more bells and whistles (customised default donation amounts; ability to prompt donors to cover fees); and
- Pro, for organisations that want all the bells and whistles (ability to embed forms on their own website; integrations; permissions).
Please note: Platform-Fee Cover enables people to cover the platform fee at the time of payment. Our research shows that when offered, the majority of people choose to cover the fee.
Setup or Ongoing Fee
Platform Fee Cover Available
(Donor can pay Platform Fee)
Credit Card Merchant Fee
The credit card merchant fees reflect exactly the wholesale fee we receive from our payments partner. From 20 May, 2021 the merchant fees will be:
Donation made to DGR Organisation:
- Visa/Mastercard Australian Card = 0.26%
All other transactions and donations to non-DGR Organisation:
- Visa/Mastercard = 0.99%
For more information relating to the features of each plan, please see here.
You can test out fees for different GiveNow pricing plans using any accepted donation amounts on the organisation sign-up page: