Organisations who have a simple matched giving program are able to use the GiveNow system to incentivise donations.
The platform allows for the uploading of the key elements of the "Matchers" so that they receive appropriate credit for their participation in the fundraising, as well displaying the appropriate multiplier.
To get started,
Login to OrgHQ.
Go to Manage Causes, located under Cause & Donations in the OrgHQ menu.
Select Edit, for the cause to you want to update with your matched giving program details.
Go to Settings tab and locate the Matched Giving panel.
- Select Would you like to display matchers for this cause.
- Add the Matcher Name and Matcher Logo of the supporting organisation.
With one Matcher profile added, the donations received by your Cause from a donor's selection will display as being doubled.
If you enter a second Matcher profile by clicking Add a new matched giving and entering the name and logo, the number of matching organisations will change to two. The donations received by your Cause from a donor's selection will display as being tripled.
If three Matcher profiles are entered, the display will quadruple the donation amount, etc, etc. Currently the matched giving feature only allows for whole number multipliers only.
When displayed on a Cause page, the Matcher logo and name will appear automatically on the top of the Cause page.
When displayed on the embedded frame, it is assumed that your organisation would like control of the display of Matchers on your webpage, so only the multiplier details are included in the payment process frame.
To further enhance your matched giving program using our site, we recommend that you include details in your:
- Cause text: Ensure that you give further information about the Matcher in your Cause text, to explain to why the support is being given, inspire donors and show your gratitude. See Display > General > Description.
- Thank you page text: The text immediately after a donor has completed payment can be customised, so is worthwhile reminding the donor that they have had an impact beyond their generous donation. See Donation form > General > Thank you message.
- Email receipt text: All donors receive an email after their payment has been confirmed. To ensure donors have a lasting record of your Matcher's support, and the donor's contribution to the successful campaign, include a note in the email sent. See Settings > Donations & receipts > Receipt email.
Please note: It is intended that the Matched Giving 1.0 feature will be updated further during 2022. We plan to include the ability to set time periods, total donation limits and changes to the progress bat display. If you have ideas on what should be developed, please contact us .