As required by AUSTRAC (the Australian federal agency responsible for monitoring financial transactions), we need to identify the individuals who control a not-for-profit organisation.
Therefore key office bearers of not-for-profit organisations will be asked to provide verification of their identity. For organisations that are:
- Registered with the ACNC: We require the first and last name of the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary, which will be reconciled with a verifiable database.
- Not registered with the ACNC: We require for the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary the following information:
- first and last name
- full residential address
- one clear digital copy of the following identification documents:
- a driver’s licence or permit from Australia
- an Australian passport
- a government proof of address card issued in Australia
- a government issued concession card, such as a pensioner concession card, a health care card, or a seniors health care card with your current address
- a notice from the Australian Taxation Office or other government agency, such as Centrelink, that contains the person’s name and residential address, issued in the past 12 months
- a municipal council rates notice or a utilities bill (such as a water, gas or electricity bill) that contains the person’s name and residential address, issued in the past three months