In line with our requirements for AUSTRAC (the Australian federal agency responsible for monitoring financial transactions), we are required to identify the individuals who control a not-for-profit organisation.
Therefore key office bearers of not-for-profit yet non-charitable organisations will be asked to provide verification of their name and full residential address in the organisation "Sign Up" registration process.
The Chair, Treasurer and Secretary must each provide ONE clear digital copy of the following identification documents:
- a driver’s licence or permit from Australia
- an Australian passport
- a government proof of address card issued in Australia
- a government issued concession card, such as a pensioner concession card, a health care card, or a seniors health care card with your current address
- a notice from the Australian Taxation Office or other government agency, such as Centrelink, that contains the person’s name and residential address, issued in the past 12 months
- a municipal council rates notice or a utilities bill (such as a water, gas or electricity bill) that contains the person’s name and residential address, issued in the past three months
Key office bearers of charitable organisations registered with the ACNC will be asked to provide verification of their name only in the organisation registration process.