This December 1, as part of GivingTuesday, GiveNow is running a competition to help you to boost your favourite charity’s fundraising efforts.
GivingTuesday is a global movement that focuses on generosity. To promote the day, we’re asking you to post your #MyGivingStory to social media to tell the world about what you do to give back.
Your #MyGivingStory should include the name of the organisation you donate to, why you donate to them, and how that makes you feel. You can include pictures, text, and even a video. Just make sure it includes the #MyGivingTuesday hashtag, and tag GiveNow on Facebook (@GiveNow.com.au), Instagram (@GiveNowaus) or Twitter (@GiveNownews) so that we can see your entry.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
- Entrants must post their #MyGivingStory to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter between 12am AEDT and 3pm AEDT on December 1.
- Entrants must include the #MyGivingStory hashtag and the name of their nominated organisation, and tag GiveNow on Facebook (@GiveNow.com.au), Instagram (@givenowaus) or Twitter (@GiveNowNews) in order to enter.
- Entries can be in the form of text, image or video. The more creative, moving or inspiring the post, the more likely you’ll win!
- Nominated organisations must be listed on GiveNow.
The four winning entries will be announced between 3pm and 5pm, 1 December 2020, on our social media and website. The organisations nominated by the four winners will each receive a prize of $1,000 from GiveNow and the Our Community Group before 5pm on 2 December 2020.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter is Our Community Pty Ltd (ABN 24 094 608 705) of registered office address 552 Victoria Street, North Melbourne, VIC 3051. The above mentioned company will be hereafter jointly referred to as the ‘Promoter.’ 2. Employees of the Promoter or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition. 3. To enter the competition an entrant must post to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter their generosity story, tagging GiveNow, including the #MyGivingStory hashtag, and nominating an organisation to receive the prize. 4. Closing date for entries will be 3pm December 1, 2020. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted. 5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. 6. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: • Entrants must post their #MyGivingStory to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter between 12am and 3pm AEDT on December 1, 2020. • Entrants must include the #MyGivingStory hashtag and the name of their nominated organisation, and tag GiveNow on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter in order to enter. • The four best entries will each win $1,000 for their nominated organisation. • Entries can be in the form of text, image or video. • Nominated organisations must be listed on GiveNow. 7. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter. 8. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. 9. No alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. 10. Winners will be announced on December 1, 2020. 11. The winners will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. 12. The Promoter will allocate the prize money via the promoter’s platform 13. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. 14. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance and agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. 15. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia. 16. The writers of the winning entries agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winners or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. 17. The names of the winning organisations and the entrants who nominated them will be published on the GiveNow website. 18. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to any other party.