Raise $50,000 before June 30 with the Our Community Social Fundraising Fellowship!
The Our Community Social Fundraising Fellowship is to help not-for-profit organisations raise a target of $50,000 before the end of the 2018/19 financial year through social fundraising.
We’re offering up to 10 Social Fundraising Fellowships to representatives of community organisations that are ready to embark on a social fundraising campaign.
What the Fellowship will include
We will support the cohort of Fellows through every step of the social fundraising process during May / June 2019. This includes a mix of on-site workshops (in North Melbourne), webinars and online support group chats. The Fellowship is valued at about $10,000 per participant (and that’s without factoring in the extra funds you’ll raise for your organisation!).
What does the program include?
Successful applicants for the Fellowship will be invited to participate in the following program that will be conducted via onsite workshops (North Melbourne) and webinars, as well as email and group chat support. All successful applicants will need to be available from May 6, 2019.
The program includes:
- Social fundraising principles
- The steps to implement a successful CrowdRaiser:
- Defining the ask: refining messaging, images and video
- Drafting the compelling story for the campaign
- Setting a launch date and defining the event
- Finalising excellent campaign pitches
- Communications planning
- Network mapping workshop
- Train-the-trainer session so you can educate your social fundraisers on how to achieve their target
- Support during the month of June to encourage and motivate you so you can support your social fundraisers
Please note: Fellows will need to be able to cover the costs of travel (if needed), online communication and material production. The normal 3.8% fee for the CrowdRaiser platform will apply on funds raised.
Who can apply
To be eligible for a Fellowship, you need to be registered with GiveNow to receive donations. GiveNow allows all types of not for profit organisations to register for donations, you do not need to be charitable or to have deductible gift recipient status.
You will also need to demonstrate that you have in place all the essential ingredients for a successful social fundraising campaign:
- A strong list of community supporters (a minimum of 200 active supporters)
- At least 5 supporters who are active and committed enough to help spearhead your social fundraising campaign (can include including group members, staff, volunteers, board members, high-profile supporters)
- Some experience with fundraising and social media
- The willingness and ability to devote at least 8 hours per week to the program, from 6 May to 30 June, 2019.
While we don’t guarantee you’ll achieve your fundraising goals, we do guarantee we’ll give you the information and tools you’ll need to succeed.
The program is open for applications now. Please complete your application online here To note: You are required to register with SmartyGrants in the application process. This is not the same as your GiveNow registration.
Applications will close 5pm on 26 April, 2019.
Successful applicants will be informed on 30 April, 2019 and must be ready to commence the fellowship during the week of 6 May, 2019.