GiveNow donation forms can be embedded on your website using a snippet of code to launch an iFrame on your website. Your organisations must be registered for the Pro plan to embed your Cause donation form.
To register for GiveNow Embed
- Login to OrgHQ.
- Go to Manage Causes, located under Cause & Donations in the OrgHQ menu.
- Select Embed from the drop down list under Edit of the Cause to you want to use for your Embed form.
- Enter the domain of your website where you will embed your donation form and Submit.
- The request will be reviewed and approved by GiveNow staff. In the reply email you will receive a snippet of code to copy onto your website.
- Copy and paste the following code in the appropriate section of your HTML document.
Please note that you will not be able to use the form on any other websites. It is strictly for use on the domain name registered with us.
To retrieve the embed code after registration
- Login to OrgHQ.
- Go to Manage Causes, located under Causes & Donations in the OrgHQ menu.
- Select Embed, in the dropdown list for the cause to you want to update.
You will then see a pop-up box with the code that you can copy and paste into your webpage as an iFrame. This code is active and will operate immediately as long as your Cause remains active.
Copy and paste the embed code
The embed code will appear something like this:
Simply select Copy code and then paste this code into a frame on your website. How you insert the frame will depend on the website building tools you are using.
Please check the size of the frame is large enough to ensure that all steps in the donation process fit within the frame, avoiding the need for side scroll bars.
Hint: The most likely steps where the frame may be longer than expected are:
- Step #2 "Contact". Shorten this form by removing the need for donors to insert physical address. See here.
- Step #3 "Questions": Remove questions