Donors can make regular donations to your Cause. A monthly donation option is available to all organisations, whether on the free Starter plan or the paid Basic and Pro plans.
On the Basic and Pro plans, the regular donation options are:
To enable or disable any of these options, edit your Cause.
Tips for regular donation campaigns
Tip #1: You can disable any of the frequency options to match your campaign.
- That means you can have a cause on GiveNow that is only about regular donations, simply by disabling "One-Off".
- Or you can have a campaign that only asks for monthly regular donations, by disabling the other 5 frequency options.
- To change the frequency options it can be done simply, at anytime in "Edit" section of your cause on our OrgHQ platform.
Tip #2: Match your suggested donation amounts to your campaign
- In your cause details, you can set the default donation amounts that appear on the screen when a donor is about to transact.
- Align your campaign asks to certain suggested amounts, such as "$30 each month provides transport to and from school for a child", "$100 each month provides a school lunch", etc
Tip #3: Plan your campaign for the GiveNow experience
- In 2021 we analysed the GiveNow regular donor patterns and came up with some interesting information that may help you plan your next regular donation campaign:
- 22 months is the average length of time a regular donor maintains their commitment.
- The average value of a regular donation on GiveNow is $46.50.
Tip #4: We offer a direct debit option from donor's bank account - which makes it cheaper for you!
- Regular donors are able to use their bank account (or their credit card) when signing up to a regular donation with your organisation.
- If donors opt to debit funds from their bank accounts, there is no credit card transaction fee to your organisation.
Tip #5: Look after your regular donors!
- Our analysis shows that almost 40% of regular donation commitments end because the payment method declines three times.
- On the GiveNow platform, you can monitor your regular donations and contact a donor before their payment declines three times.